Monday, May 10, 2010

May 8th Double the Fun

Saturday morning we get a phone call from Cole that Kelly had gone to the hospital in the middle of the night and Khloe was here!
Kelly woke in the night and was feeling sick (chills and fever) and that started her contractions.
They left for the hospital at about 2:30.

When the babies heart rate started dropping they rushed her to do a c-section.
Khloe 4:04 AM 6 lb9 oz.

It was early in the morning so I sent a text to her sisters (and sister-in laws) and brothers that Kelly's baby was here. Amy was one that called back immediately.
She said she wasn't sleeping anyway.
Kelly was doing the food for a Stake Cub Scout Day Camp Saturday and all the food was at her house.
She as supposed to make subs with her Dad that morning. Kim said she would help with the Subs and Amy said "I might as well, what else am I doing".
They finished the subs and I took the other food to the church and woke up the Beecher Kids to the news of the new sister.
I was coming home from hospital about 9:00 when Amy calls and says she is on the way to the hospital and I was surprized she was going to visit Kelly so soon and she said
"My water just broke, I'm on my way!!!!"
The rest of the day was a blur for all of us but about 7:30 we get the word that
Jade Rooklyn was here!
@6:59 7 lb13 oz 20.5 inches long.


It was a long day with the whole family helping out where needed. Even Cute big sister Emily turned into a little mom and took over with things that needed to be done for her mom and the kids.
I love my family and it was so fitting the next day was Mother's Day
We had a real "Mother Fest" all day and I loved it.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for the new babies! Congrats Amy and Kelly! I can't wait to meet baby Jade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet! What great news.

    ReplyDelete